[campaign] Wargaming Rebel Universal Map Campaigns

I've been playtesting a campaign system with my gaming group that aims at adding weight, consequence and narrative to every game you play. The system is now in it's third revision and I'd like to share it more groups than just my own.



My main goals are:

  • The map matters, but battles are the real stars.
  • Scalable: You can play this with 2 or 20 players.
  • Self-contained with minimal book keeping: The map and the map only.
  • Self-manageable: players can keep it running and are responsible for it without a campaign master.
  • Create uneven games that drive narrative and tension by putting players in special missions designed to create epic moments that will live longer than the game table.
  • A solid base: My plan is to make attachments to it: Regional buffs, unit veterancy, region upgrades and orbital warfare, but the base must be lean and solid.
Right now the system is ready for some playtesting and I've been successfully running a campaign at my local group with 9 players, but it's still very much an alpha version.

What do you need to play?
If you do play, or just have some general comments on the ruleset, get in touch! I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

Here's a sample image of our current campaign in round 3!